Engineering is an interdisciplinary field of learning, requiring from you to have a fair understanding of applications of Math, scientific, economic concepts and more; with the meaning of the term engineering implying to make life simpler by creating a solution in a clever way. Engineering can be the right choice for you if you hope to make a difference in the way we live. Bringing forward innovative ideas and projects, engineers are expected to be clever and to have practical knowledge in their area of specialty. Thus if engineering is what your heart throbs for, it is pivotal which branch of engineering you should take up. With colleges offering a wide variety of specializations for engineering, let us discuss a few of the basic options which you can pick based on where your interests lie.
- Aeronautical Engineering: Focused on aviation technology, this type of engineering is for the person who has a keen interest in aerospace travel and research. If working on computer simulations to find how certain materials and certain structures fare when subjected to extreme conditions sounds like your cup of tea, then Aeronautical engineering might be the stream for you.
- Chemical Engineering: If chemistry was your favorites subject in school, then this definitely must be the stream for you. With this stream working on how to create useful materials or substances with the use of chemical and biological processes. Thus creating a possible future in chemical reaction engineering, plant design, process engineering, process design or transport phenomena.
- Computer Science Engineering: With computers being integrated into every context of our daily lives, this is a stream which can guarantee you a technical position in your future. Integrating hardware and software, you can either find a specialization in computer architecture or become a software engineer. Thus computer science engineering offers a wide range of options for aspiring engineers with an interest in the computingworld.
- Civil Engineering: Civil engineering is the professional practice of designing and developing infrastructure projects. From working on projects like water supply networks, development of nationwide transport systems or smaller scale projects, such as the development of single roads or buildings. Learning how to plan forward and make arrangements such that the project goes forward without any hitches.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering: Electronics and Electrical engineering focus on the applications of electrical power. Even Though they have their own difference like how electronics engineers focus on small electronic circuits, such as those used in computers, whereas electrical engineers chiefly focus on the large-scale production and supply of electrical power.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical engineering is concerned with the design, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. With topics to study like mechanical design, technical drawing, stress analysis, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, statics and dynamics, it is the oldest and broadest of the types of engineering,
Before you get attached to any one of these branches, do some detailed research on the branch you’d like to take up. Taking up the right branch will help you ensure your level of interest you have in the subject is sustained but to where that course gets you in life depends on the college you get into. To get into the right course with the best college, you will have to ace your entrance exam. With JEE being the exam offering credibility to the best accredited Institutes in the country, clearing JEE would be the best way to ensure yourself a promising future in the engineering field. For tips and tricks on how to handle questions of the JEE syllabus,
check out this YouTube channel-